Study Japanese

Long Term

Students studying for longer periods usually obtain a student visa (Ryuugaku visa in Japanese). The procedure is somewhat time consuming so students need to apply well in advance of the date they hope to start classes.

Short Term

When studying for just one term, citizens of many countries can easily obtain tourist visas for travel to Japan. These are typically three-month visas but this differs depending on your nationality.

Working Holiday

We also warmly welcome The WORKING HOLIDAY program participants in Japan! If you’re just interested in studying for one term or more period, you can study using a working holiday visa.

Intensive Japanese

Japanese is said by some to be a difficult language to learn, but by coming to Tokyo and immersing yourself in Japanese culture while studying every day, you’ll find that it can be a very enjoyable experience!


Each class runs for a little over three hours and during that time students work on improving speaking, reading, writing and listening skills.

Learning Japanese

Any Japanese word can be written in a way that can be read without having to remember “hmmmm, how is this pronounced?!?”. Learn how to read and write the kana on our HIRAGANA and KATAKANA pages. You can also learn kanji.


If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.


Recent News

09月08日の登校について/School attendance on September 08

午後(ごご)クラスの学生(がくせい)へ 今日(きょう)の授業(じゅぎょう)はありません。 風邪(かぜ)や怪我(けが)に気を付けてください。 月曜日(げつようび)に会いましょう! There are no classes today. Please be careful of injuries and wind. See you on Monday!

Read More

Notice of Course Registration Ends in April 2023

We are very grateful that we are about to reach the maximum number of applicants for the April 2023 course, so we are closing applications for the April course as of today. Due to Japanese government restrictions on immigration last year, students who should have enrolled at an earlier date will now enroll for the April 2022 term. Because of this, not many will graduate in 2023. This is the reason why there is not as much capacity to accept applications for the year 2023 as in previous years. This trend is expected to continue throughout next year. On the other hand, entry restrictions are becoming more lax by the

Read More

About the class on September 20

Good morning everyone. Typhoon No. 14 is said to be strongest at the time you are coming to school. For the safety of all students, the school will be closed for the day. Regular classes start tomorrow. Thank you for your cooperation.

Read More

School during summer vacation

Dear our Students It is Yoshida writting. Are you enjoying your summer vacation? At Yoshida, our office is open from 10:00 to 16:00 during the summer vacation. If you have any trouble during the summer vacation, please contact us or visit your school. Enjoy your summer in Japan, although there are still some infectious diseases to worry about. And don’t forget to stay hydrated and salted!

Read More

News for November 2…/Japan-to-ease-entry-for… This news was released late yesterday. It is reported that the Japanese government has finally made a move to reopen the entry of foreign students. The Japanese version of the article says that it will start as early as November 8. To all of you who are waiting to enter the country, thank you so much for your patience. We will let you know by the end of today via email.

Read More

Notification of Appropriate School Approval

Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language was successfully certified as an 適正校 again this year. This is a term that may be unfamiliar to many of you, but it is a document that states that the school is doing a good job of enrolling students and teaching them how to live in Japan in a responsible manner. What this means, in a very simple way, is that you will need much less documentation when you apply for your CoE. Which documents will be reduced varies from country to country, so that will be discussed on a case-by-case basis, but there are very few. Also, the visa you get when you first

Read More