Long-term study (2 or more terms)
Students studying for longer periods usually obtain a student visa (Ryuugaku visa in Japanese). The procedure is somewhat time consuming so students need to apply well in advance of the date they hope to start classes. Students cannot obtain these visas on their own, they must first apply to Yoshida to begin the process. We will guide you through the process to try and make it as simple as possible.
If you wish to studying and to acquire a Student visa at this institute, the deadline to apply for
October term 2023 is May. 19, 2023.
But deadline is subject to change without announcement depending on the number of applicants. Please contact us for more details.
Application Deadlines(Student visa)
|Term Beginning||Application Period||Results of Selection|
|April 2023||admissions closed||Feb.24.2023|
|July 2023||admissions closed||May 18, 2023|
|October 2023||Mar.10 to May.19,2023||Aug. 18, 2023|
|January 2024||Jul.01 to Aug.31.2023||Nov.02.2023|
To those who apply for the July 2023 term
All application documents can be sent by email. (Applicants from OECD countries only)
Once you send in your application with all the needed documentation before the deadline, we submit a request to the Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau for document called a Certificate of Eligibility(COE). If the request is approved, the Immigration Bureau notifies us on May. 18, 2023 and we pass the word on to you.
General Course(2 or more terms)
We make every effort to provide our students with what they need most for their study, along with any assistance they may need to live in Japan. Some people want to learn Japanese for the future, while other students study primarily for business purposes.
Upon arrival Japan on a student visa you’ll receive one year student visa (or one year three months) which can be extended another one year during your stay in Japan. You can study Japanese on a student visa for up to two years.
|January term||6 months to 2 years|
|April term||6 months to 2 years|
|July term||6 months to 2 years|
|October term||6 months to 2 years|
- Because we provide a course from the beginner’s class to the upper grade class in all terms, applicants of any level may enter.
- The period of time you can be enrolled may vary depending on your history of living in Japan and studying Japanese. Please contact us for details.
College Preparatory Course
Students who want to learn Japanese to study further at a university or technical college. The Japanese education system is different other countries. In principle, the school year begins in April and ends in March of the following year.
The enrollment period for College Preparatory Course is as follows.
|January term||1 year and 3 months|
|April term||1 year or 2 years|
|July term||1 year and 9 months|
|October term||1 year and 6 months|
- We will give you a placement test and consult with you to determine which level is best for you. For example, ability higher than the third grade (JLPT) is necessary when you hope for entrance to our institute in January term.
- If you are already N3 level or higher, you can graduate within a year.
Entrance requirements(College Preparatory Course) :An applicant must be ones who have completed 12 years of schooling recognized as standard in their own countries or alternatively ones who have been judged by appropriate faculty as possessing as equivalent scholastic attainment in their own countries.
The lessons are taught entirely in Japanese and also since the textbook is written in hiragana and katakana, it is strongly recommended that you familiarize yourself with hiragana and katakana before the first lesson. Feel free to use these HIRAGANA and KATAKANA study aids to help you get started.
About exemption or reduction of admission fee
- Value for money: The Institute aims to provide high quality and yet reasonably priced professional education and training.
- Special offer: Students enrolling directly via email will receive a discount on the admission fee. This does not apply to those applying via third-party recruiters.
- You too, by all means please do challenge yourself to it. (More Information)