To study in Japan you will need a proper visa. The type of visa you need depends upon the length of time you intend to study and your nationality. If you’re just interested in studying for a three-month period, students from many countries can simply study using a normal tourist visa. But students wanting to study for six months or longer must have a student visa or some other type of visa that allows them to stay in Japan.
You can find a more complete description on our admissions information page. Classes are held five days a week in the morning or in the afternoon. That time students work on improving speaking, reading, writing and listening skills.

Short-term Intensive Courses (3 months)
Term Start January, April, July, October
Class Schedule Mornings : 09:00 – 12:20 or Afternoons : 13:20 – 16:40
Term Length Three months (50 classes)
Levels Beginning(3 levels), Intermediate(3 levels), Advanced(2 levels)


Application Deadlines


Term Beginning Classes Start and End Deadline
January 2024 January 09 – March 19 2023.Dec.20
April 2024 April 10 – June 21 2024.Mar.20
July 2024 July 03 – September 27 2024.June 21
October 2024 October 10 – December 20 2024.Sept.27

Students from England, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Mexico, and Lichtenstein are allowed to study in Japan for six months on a tourist visa. Upon arrival you’ll receive a 90-day visa which can be extended another 90 days during your stay in Japan.

Documents to be submitted

The application deadline for students wishing to study for just a single term (3 months) is two weeks before the start of classes. But deadline is subject to change without announcement depending on the number of applicants. Please contact us in advance. —Note: this is also the deadline if you are already in Japan with working visa or spousal visa. You can apply online or, if you prefer, you can download and print out an application from our forms page and send to us.

all the needed documentation (via online)
Ⅰ Application form for admission online
Ⅱ Photograph online

Fees (Short term)

For students studying on a tourist visa or an existing working or spousal visa, the costs are slightly lower, as the admission process is simpler:

The tuition and Fees for 2024 are as follows.
Short-term Course Fees (One term)
Ⅰ.Admission ¥5,000
Ⅱ. Educational operating ¥6,000
Ⅲ. Tuition (one term) ¥165,000
    Total ¥176,000

  1. Click Red number to see the Japanese yen to dollar exchange rate.
  2. All prices quoted include the taxes.
  3. Admission fee includes extracurricular activities, facilities and textbooks.
  4. The above fees do not include some textbooks for JLPT(EJU) test preparation.
  5. Yoshida Institute Refund Policy.- Please be sure to read –

Please let me know how would you like to pay Course Fees?

  1. International payments Flywire (recommend).
  2. By international Bank transfer.
    Bank transfer fee is not included in this amount. Please burden this at your expense. Thank you.
  3. in person (pay in cash).

When you make a payment through Flywire you can

  1. Track your payment from start to finish.
  2. Save on bank fees and exchange rates.
  3. Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night. For more information, visit the Flywire help page.

We will give you

a placement test and consult with you to determine which level is best for you.


  1. Final exam at the end of each term (every 3 months).
  2. Upon successful completion of each course, a student progress report will be written if requested at the time of the final exam.

How do you apply for a temporary visitor’s visa?

Visitors to Japan must obtain a visa from one of the Japanese diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries. The Government of Japan currently allows citizens of 68 countries/territories to travel to Japan for tourism or study without having to obtain a visa.
Citizens of 68 countries and regions are visa exempt for visits up to 90 days (unless otherwise noted).
Students from England, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Mexico, and Lichtenstein are allowed to study in Japan for six months on a tourist visa. Upon arrival you’ll receive a 90-day visa which can be extended another 90 days during your stay in Japan.

Other countries : All application documents must be submitted to nearest Embassy or Consulate General of Japan in the applicant’s country of residence. The applicant must apply for a visa in person. We hope you will show interest in Japanese culture and society, and Japanese language in order to take home with you a greater understanding and appreciation of our country and people. (Unfortunately, The Yoshida Institute cannot issue any documents for you to apply for a temporary visa.) More Information : Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay)


Once you send in your application with all the needed documentation and tuition fees.
After that is received, we send you the entrance permit and some documents.

    1. You submit your application to Yoshida.


    1. We review your application. We send you the invoice.


    1. You pay for one term of tuition fee.


    1. We send you your entrance permit.


  1. You receive your entrance permit and head to Japan!

We warmly welcome

New inquiries for the October course will be suspended as the course has reached its capacity.Consultations for applications after that date are available.
Application Schedule
To Contact
Exemption or Reduction
of Admission fees.

Learning Japanese

Learn how to read and write the kana on our HIRAGANA and KATAKANA pages. Please check out our website: Learning Japanese.



CSN is the national authority that handle the Swedish financial aid for students.

We also warmly welcome Working Holiday program participants in Japan!

it is possible to study at this institute while visiting Japan on a 3-month temporary visa.

Students studying for longer periods usually obtain a student visa.

Promotional Video

–New– – | English | Spanish | Italian | German | Swedish | Indonesian |Vietnamese | Promotional videos were created by students.