Japanese government sources said 2020/10/01

On October 1, 2020, the Japanese government did ease the entry of foreign students into Japan in a phased manner.
They will be required to undergo a 14-day medical examination before entering the country and a COVID-19 inspection 72 hours prior to entry, and will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon arrival.
This will allow students to study abroad. It is not known at this stage how long this situation will end.

Added on January 21, 2021
The CoE issued in FY2020 is now valid until July 31, 2021.

For more information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.

Regarding the validity period of the Certificate of Eligibility (updated 1/21) (excerpt from the above URL)

We are making preparations to allow you to come to Japan in April, but if you would like to change your study abroad start to July, please contact us.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to students who are planning to come to Japan, but we appreciate your cooperation.

Process after the COE is issued

When applying for a student visa, you will need a “residence track” by the school.
Students are given a written agreement to ensure that they understand the content.
Upon signing the agreement, the student will receive a written “residence track”.

You must check your temperature for 14 days prior to entering the country and take a PCR negative test 72 hours prior to departure.
These formats will also be distributed by the school.

For 15 days after arriving in the country, you will stay in a hotel or at a friend’s house.
During this time, you must report to the school every day.

After the 15-day wait is over, the restriction on action will be lifted.
However, take care of your health on a daily basis by wearing a mask and washing your hands well.


Please be sure to read it
The current situation. (COVID-19)

We warmly welcome

Exemption or Reduction
of Admission fees.

Learning Japanese

Learn how to read and write the kana on our HIRAGANA and KATAKANA pages. Please check out our website: Learning Japanese.



CSN is the national authority that handle the Swedish financial aid for students.

We also warmly welcome Working Holiday program participants in Japan!

it is possible to study at this institute while visiting Japan on a 3-month temporary visa.

Students studying for longer periods usually obtain a student visa.

Promotional Video

–New– – | English | Spanish | Italian | German | Swedish | Indonesian |Vietnamese | Promotional videos were created by students.