The National Health Insurance

Students generally enroll in the National Health Insurance system once they arrive in Japan. Under this system, you must pay monthly premiums. You will be issued an insurance card, which allows you to receive medical treatment at only 30% of the cost by showing the card at a medical facility. You enroll at the civic center of the ward where you reside in Tokyo. The cost varies depending upon the ward where you live but the cost for one year is usually around ¥15,000. On top of this, the insurance students with student visas obtain from Yoshida covers the 30% not paid for by National Health Insurance in the case of sickness or accidents, so a student who crashes their bicycle is 100% covered in cases of injury! (Wounded pride is not covered.)
more detailed: The National Health Insurance(PDF-2771 kb)

     Procedures for Withdrawal

Please be sure to return your National Health Insurance card.

  1. If you have moved out of City/word.
  2. If you plan to leave Japan (return to your home country).

Student Insurance

The insurance fee covers basic liability insurance for all students while they attend classes at Yoshida. In addition, students with student visas are covered at school and outside of school for both accidents and general sickness. The insurance is good for as long as the student studies at Yoshida, whether for six months or two years, with no annual renewal fee.
more detailed: Student Insurance(PDF-853 kb)

Insurance Coverage (Student Visa students only)
Ⅰ Indemnity for loss of life and permanent disability ¥2,000,000
Ⅱ Liability compensation ¥30,000,000
Ⅲ Indemnity for medical treatment expenses ¥100,000
Ⅳ Relief person expense ¥1,000,000

If you join student insurance and national health insurance, students can safely live in Japan with these insurance. And those premiums are kept inexpensive for the students.
Therefore, you will not need to enroll in your country’s travel insurance.
In addition, student visa holders are obliged to join these insurance by the Immigration Bureau of Japan.

We warmly welcome

New inquiries for the October course will be suspended as the course has reached its capacity.Consultations for applications after that date are available.
Application Schedule
To Contact
Exemption or Reduction
of Admission fees.

Learning Japanese

Learn how to read and write the kana on our HIRAGANA and KATAKANA pages. Please check out our website: Learning Japanese.



CSN is the national authority that handle the Swedish financial aid for students.

We also warmly welcome Working Holiday program participants in Japan!

it is possible to study at this institute while visiting Japan on a 3-month temporary visa.

Students studying for longer periods usually obtain a student visa.

Promotional Video

–New– – | English | Spanish | Italian | German | Swedish | Indonesian |Vietnamese | Promotional videos were created by students.